HomeAbout MeMy ClassroomMy ProductsFreebiesContact Me

3/18/16

Five for Friday, March 18, 2016

Five for Friday, March 18, 2016
with
Doodle Bugs Teaching


Mentor Texts
I have been using Jessica Ivey's mentor sentences in my classroom. They have really helped my students recognize and apply these skills. I am trying to take a stab at creating some fun resources to accompany this style of teaching. I have made a few for purchase and more are on the way. I am focused on more than just the sentence. I have created a 5 day lesson plan that includes: reading, comprehension, writing, and grammar skills. Most packets will also have some type of creativity project as well.



Next up is, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick Mentor Text 5 Day Lesson Plans
I also have this packet already made to accompany this book: 


St. Patrick's Day Fun!
Check out the cute Directed Drawing my student did! Thank you, First Grade Blue Skies! 
My students also created some fun and creative shamrocks for a homework project (on left). 
You can also get that from this packet: 





What do you want to be when you grow up? 
This week, students listened to, Oh, The Places I Will Go and wrote to this prompt:
Oh The Places I Will Go When I Grow Up and decorated a hot air balloon to go along with their topic.



Do you want to fly a kite? 
Check out my Benjamin Franklin Kite Craftivity! 




Friday Freebie Time!
Bunny Roll! 




This is a fun game was created for students to play while adding two numbers to create a 2-digit number. Then students need to use symbols, >, <, = to compare the numbers.

Friday Freebie Rules



Want more Easter & Spring Items? 
Click this link to my TPT store. 

No comments:

 



Custom Design By Corinne Kelley @ The Cutest Blog on the Block